Visa on arrival Bali
All you need to know about Visa and Immigration when you come to Bali
Even though, the visa requirements for Indonesia have become much less complicated, still, there is a lot of confusion out there, when people start their travel plans to Bali and Indonesia.
On the following pages we have collected the most important information you need to know, when you wish to travel to Bali and are uncertain about the visa rules. We would have loved to come up with a short article that would explain all the options, however, because it is still not so easy to stay longer than 30 days, there is much to read about.
We advise you, to spend some time here and see what visa "solution" would apply to you. If you only want to visit as a tourist for less than 30 days, then citizens of more than 140 countries have nothing to worry about. See list below. Just make sure the passport is valid 6 months!
We do our utmost best to keep on top of the immigration rules, but we cannot be held responsible for this information or any service provided by any agent. The official immigration website of Indonesia is
Key Facts on Immigration and Visa on Arrival for Bali and Indonesia
- Free VISA . Visa exemption for more than 140 countries
- Free VISA valid 30 days, cannot be extended
- Regulation states, that any entry point into Indonesia issues the free entry stamp
- Day of arrival counts as day one
- Day of departure counts as full day
- Passport must be always valid 6 months (for social visa 12 months)